Jewellery can discolour over time. This can be caused by exposure to moisture, acidity (ph balance) of skin, use of perfume, hairspray, soap, moisturiser etc, some cleaning products such as bleach and chlorine.


  • wearing your jewellery while swimming, showering, cleaning and exercising to avoid tarnishing.
  • exposing your jewellery to chemicals or cosmetics such as foundations, perfumes, hairsprays.
  • excessive heat or prolonged periods of direct sunlight
  • cleaning your jewellery in commercial dip solutions as they are not for suitable stone set jewellery, hollow jewellery, plated jewellery. 


Silver can be cleaned with a silver cleaning cloth.  If this does not work then commercial cleaning at a jewellers may be needed.

Plated jewellery is suitable for occasional wear. Polish with a soft cloth. Take care when cleaning as excessive rubbing could remove some of the plating.  Avoid perfumes and lotions coming in contact with plated jewellery as the plating may react and wear off quickly.

We advise not to wear your plated jewellery in chlorine or in the shower as chemicals may react with the plating and wear off quickly.